Saturday, July 3, 2010

I'm No Good At Subtlety

here's my list:

confidence, fun, honesty. charm, intelligence, maturity. open-minded. patience, ambitious, daring. respectful, humourous. good looks. independent, accepting, non-judgemental. someone who can help me reach my full potential, someone who won't laugh at my dreams. protective, not possessive. caring, not overwhelmingly suffocating. a person who would never, ever raise his hands on me. a reader, a poet, a writer. someone who shared my interests and passions, or at least tolerate them. a person who would let me explore on my own and let me learn from my own mistakes -- but would never be out of reach, and never unreliable. good taste in music; plays an instrument or is creative in any other way. supportive, kind, understanding. proud of me. is tattoo-ed. someone who won't ridicule what i stand for -- especially my playlist or my clothes or my beliefs. a person who won't feel threatened by the extent of my ambitions, and what i'd be willing to do to chase those dreams.

there you go. everyone's got expectations, no?

...

No comments:

Post a Comment