Saturday, July 24, 2010

What I Remember of Ipoh:

Getting lost and missing our stop. Food at De Garden right after; being completely awed by the architecture of the décor. Driving around aimlessly. Blue Foundation – Eyes on Fire. Watching 'The Family Guy' at Mindy’s. Dinner the first night at this steamboat place … except we didn’t even have steamboat. Chilling at the field – and being completely nostalgic for a while; remember back when we used to do that too? Me and my friends, and a couple of guys who only wanted to get into our pants. Add in alcohol, late nights, fast cars … and stir. I remember texting :) lots of texting. I remember dreams; vivid ones – the kinds you wake up smiling from.

Breakfast at Hollywood, where we bumped into the most gorgeous black guy ever … with a wife and a kid. Going over to Kampar and meeting up with R – had lunch there, serenaded by variations of very emo Celine Dion songs and also, Justin Bieber. Almost watching Eclipse :( but didn’t. Ended up bowling instead – Prav, A, and I played two games because I couldn’t stand not hitting a strike in the first game. Dinner at B’s. Driving around looking for the perfect drinking spot; ending up chilling at the mall again for a while … before heading off to the wine place. I remember teaching my friends “Bloop”, and I remember drunk people. Truth and Dare, and an overspill of emotions. Lots of cigarette smoke that night. Second round at Barroom – i think I got the first round of drinks … or not? Somebody puked. Lots of drunken dancing. The guys, on the prowl and constantly looking over. I remember conversations that went something like this: “I’m sorry it didn’t work out between us. You okay, right?” “Yeah, I’m good. I’m sorry too. It’s okay; things happen.”

Hand-holding – was it?

I remember the funny exchange that happened afterwards, at the Chinese shop. HAHA, I laughed a lot that night. :)

Brunch at old town kopitiam (why?), and more conversations. J getting a haircut. Me almost falling asleep at B’s.

And then we were on the way back.

It was a great trip …

The happy sort.

:)

damnit, i miss ipoh.

i miss Bobby.


No comments:

Post a Comment